CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Temp Jobs-Gotta Love Em!



I am temporarily working at NxEdge. This is my last week here. I am the receptionist and answer the phones and do a bunch of data entry for them. The people are very friendly and professional here-unlike my last job that laid me off over the phone!
My first few days it was REALLY hard to get the name down when answering the phones. Their name is pronounced almost like NextEdge not N-X-Edge. When I answer the phone I am supposed to say "Thank you for calling NxEdge this is Kim" A few times if I was caught off guard and the phone rang I have accidentally said "Thank you for calling NEXTEL" because that is the closest relation that I have to their name! It was really funny. The lady just laughed at me and it's a good thing her husband worked here and it wasn't a business contact. I have slipped up a few times and I can't help but to just laugh about it!
I am currently searching for a job. I had 2 interviews last week. I am applying for an administrative assistant at a great accounting firm downtown. I am in the process of "interviewing" with them. I have briefly talked with someone over the phone and she had me do some online program testing and THEN I will get a personal interview. It went really well so keep your fingers crossed because that's the job I want! So it's coming along and I will hear from them soon.

As for Todd-he is studying to become a personal trainer. I just had to put this picture on here because I think it's hilarious. Don't worry I'm pretty sure that I won't let Todd look like that!(that's gross) Hopefully by the end of March he will be certified and be able to work for a gym in town. He would love to get away from the O.G. as soon as he can. Todd will be such a great trainer. He works really well with people and knows how to have a good time. I'm excited for him. He is actually trianing us both right now for a triathlon in August. I'm not sure how he convinced me to do it with him but he did! I'm actually doing the Sprint Triathlon. It will force me to get into great shape. I'm excited for it though, it will be a rush.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law is training for a triathalon too. She just finished running her first marathon last January.... she's crazy! The Bandana running store that is hosting your triathalon is owned by my high school cross country coach, Tracy Harris. Kind of weird to see he's doing the same old thing back in Boise.

aSHleY said...

We are crossing our fingers for the new job. I am sure you will do great. You will have to keep us updated on the job and the triathalon training.

Heidi said...

Is the sprint triathlon a mini one? I totally wan to do a mini triathlon but first I need to get a bike and of course train, which means I need a gym membership and not be 8 months pregnant (that would nto stop some people but I am not that hardcore). Maybe I will do one with you guys another time.

Livi said...

Yeah for temping!

Jake & Candice Root said...

TAG...you are it! This is goofy but fun to read! Check out our blog and follow the directions!